- OmniLingua previously operated with a proprietary business management system supported by internal software developers – when originally designed this program was state-of-the-art technology and provided for substantial efficiencies by integrating with CAT tools, TM an MT applications, accounting systems, and had client accessibility.
- Over time (10+ years), our internal development team was not likely going to be able to keep up with the fast-changing technology that was coming out of the localization industry.
- Our proprietary system was becoming expensive to maintain and we determined that software development was not a core business strategy of OmniLingua and that other companies that were properly funded to create these systems would begin to quickly surpass our systems’ capabilities.
- OmniLingua began reviewing alternative “shelf” applications that would be suitable to adopt.
- XTRF was selected as that system to convert in January 2014.
- Even though our previous proprietary system had many advantages, we see that XTRF will be able to continue to improve their system and surpass our features faster than we could have done internally.
We’ve saved more than 85% of our costs of supporting an internally designed project management system by moving to XTRF. We anticipate this number to improve further once our staff is fully utilizing the automated features available, and becoming available, in XTRF. This has allowed us to invest on other technologies and resources that are more specifically dedicated to support our core business of translation services!