As you probably know, XTRF is a powerful tool for managing translation projects. It can automate a large part of the work that project managers would normally have to do manually. However, there are situations where XTRF alone does not fully cover a company’s workflow and that’s when the Customization Department steps in. Do you need to create reports on only in-house translators, which should automatically be sent to the server? No problem!
Do you want your documents to have a beautiful rainbow background and a unicorn-shaped watermark? We can do it!
Or maybe you need integration between XTRF and Google Sheets? We can help.
So, what type of customizations can be created within XTRF? What can be personalized? Customization Team Leader Mateusz Szymański details some of the options.
Used for ‘extending’ the capabilities of XTRF. A very powerful tool that can:
- Send custom emails
- Generate custom reports
- Create invoices in extensions which are not available in XTRF by default (e.g. XML and CSV)
- Modify data on an XTRF instance
- Give advanced export and import options – such as sending files to an external server, or reading from files.
Used for displaying additional/custom information in Smart Views such as:
- Advanced financial data
- Data in additional tables
- Data that is not available by default and is calculated dynamically
- Additional information for in-built XTRF notifications
- Additional calculations
- Custom styling of emails
- Custom footer in emails
- Possibility to use logic from the system to determine how the sent emails should look, or what should be sent
- Change of layout
- Change of letterhead
- Change of print format (A4, US letter, etc.)
- Displaying additional information which is not available by default in the standard templates
- Custom numbering format for every numbered entity in XTRF
- Ability to add several different Numbering Schemes for Custom Invoices/ Customer Draft Invoices
- Custom names for invoice items
- Automatic creation of projects and quotes based on the received emails or files uploaded to the FTP/SFTP
The most advanced of our customization options:
- Ability to use XTRF’s API and 3rd party APIs to communicate
- Personalized Customer Portal
- Ability to subscribe to events in XTRF and perform custom actions like running macros
- Integration with external systems (examples below)
We have successfully integrated XTRF with the following systems:
- Third-Party Client Systems
- Microsoft Cloud
- Google Services
Integration with accounting systems:
- Sage 50
Over the next few months, we’ll also be implementing integrations with: